Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I am exhausted and I didn't even play!

I am home on R&R and was really stoked that I get to watch some of the Stanley Cup finals in live time and not at O Dark 30 like I do in the Mid East. Last night was game 5 and I had my father-in-law over to watch the match. Weelllll,...this one went 3 overtimes and even though I am still seriously jet-lagged I was was last man standing...or is that last man reclining?

My FIL left for home after the end of the first OT and Mrs. MiG crapped out too. The little guy had already been asleep for a couple of hours by then so it was just me and the dogs. Weelllll,...not even that. The hounds were all snoozing too (Man they sleep a lot). I fought my droopy eyelids, my consumption of Fuller's London Pride, and my reclining position but I stayed up and watched it all.

The Penguins pulled it out and now we have a game 6 in Pittsburgh. I guess my FIL will have to come over to watch again. After all, I am the one with the big screen and HDTV.

No comments: